A very special and well-remembered dish in Dad's family. Grandma Brown made this one a lot too, again because it was inexpensive, delicious and fed everyone well.
1 lb ground beef
¼ cup olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 (8oz.) can sliced olives, liquid drained
1 medium can corn, liquid drained
1 tsp salt
1 medium can diced stewed tomatoes
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup milk
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Cook beef, onion and oil together in a skillet until meat is done.
2. Add olives, corn, salt, margarine and tomatoes.
3. Pour into large bowl. Add eggs, cornmeal, milk, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce, and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 350.
5. Transfer meat mixture into lasagna dish, casserole dish, or pie tins.
6. Bake in oven for 1 hour. Serve hot.